THE United States ambassadors to Zimbabwe and Zambia will on Tuesday begin a three-day cross-border bike ride between the two countries to promote tourism. Ambassadors Bruce Wharton, the US envoy to Zimbabwe, and Mark Storella, Washington's man in Lusaka, will be joined by diplomatic staff and celebrities from both countries including comedian Carl Joshua Ncube, ZiFM DJ Lorraine Bgoya and ...
WASHINGTON -- Finance Minister Tendai Biti says a government led by his MDC party would push for the cancellation of the country’s foreign debt. Assuming his party wins upcoming elections, Mr. Biti said a post-Mugabe era might bring support for debt cancellation, helping government create jobs and lift people out of poverty. Mr. Biti, the MDC-T secretary general, says the ...
WASHINGTON -- Most children living with the HIV virus in Zimbabwe’s rural communities are failing to access life-saving anti-retroviral drugs early because new technology that can detect the virus six weeks from birth is only available at central hospitals in the cities, preventing the country from attaining universal access in the treatment of minors living with the killer virus. The ...
To get best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found ...
WASHINGTON -- Activists say it is a shame that institutions like the Human Rights Commission that were created to ensure rights abuses become are abolished in Zimbabwe, are not receiving budgetary allocations from the government to support their work. Last week commission chair, Jacob Mudenda, told a parliamentary committee their work was being compromised by lack of funds. Mudenda said ...
Winds: From the East at 5 MPH
The Thin Red Line [Blu-Ray]
After spending 20 years in self-imposed cinematic exile following his two critically acclaimed, visually elegant films from the 1970s, Badlands (1973) and Days of Heaven (1978), Terrence Malick returned with The Thin Red Line, a nearly three-hour visual poem ab ... ...
A conveyor belt carries ore extracted at Mimosa Platinum mine about 400km south of Harare, Feb. 16, 2012. Zimbabwe's mining chamber said tighter proposed state control over the sale of minerals would hit Anglo American Platinum and Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd., slow down foreign investment and stunt growth in the industry. (PHILIMON ...
WASHINGTON -- The government and the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission owe the Central Mechanical and Engineering Department (CMED) more than $13 million, a situation the state-owned company said is untenable, especially as the country heads for national elections. Managing director Davision Mhaka says the government and ZEC should pay up if the CMED is to effectively participate in the ...
While my brother and friends were visiting recently from overseas - Peter, born here, has lived in the UK for decades, Neri is from Israel and Jorge, from Madeira - we took them to Mukuvisi Woodlands for lunch at the coffee shop and some time at the game viewing platform. We had a particularly good time watching the game from there, and Peter and Neri on our recommendation resolved to squeeze ...
DT AFRICA United have finally cleared versatile player Kenneth Kevin Bulaji to play for CAPS United. The player could feature in today's Harare derby against Dynamos. Bulaji, who can play in any position upfront, has been at the centre of a contract wrangle between DT Africa United and CAPS United. The Players Status committee ruled in favour of DT Africa United and the club has agreed ...
WHAT started as a pastime social league football club in the high density suburb of Kuwadzana a year ago, has within a short period of time blossomed to match some of the biggest football academies in the country. September 13 2012 saw the birth of a new football academy, Friendly Football Academy. The brains behind this noble project is Richard Solobala, a talented player during his days who ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach
I had mixed feelings coming back to this old hotel. I had been staying there on-and-off for 20 years, and ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Zimbabwe StarZimbabwe Star | Longtime News Resource for Zimbabwe
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage. The Zimbabwe Star is no exception. As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day. Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Zimbabwe news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Zimbabwe news is a priority. National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets. Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Zimbabwe news, the weather forecast for Zimbabwe you'll find it all in the Zimbabwe Star. From Harare to Bulawayo, the Zimbabwe Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
HARARE Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai on Friday declared President Robert Mugabe's party "dead.rdquo; Tsvangirai said the African country's next elections will be a "formalityrdquo; and predicted a landslide victory.
The lead vocalist is Zimbabwe's prime minister, Morgan Tsvangirai. The backing vocals are from the leadership of his Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party. The event Friday was not a musical program, but part of a three-day national policy conference in Harare. An estimated 500 party leaders and activists are in attendance.
Zimbabwe is preparing for polls to end the country's fragile coalition government.
Recent voter surveys point to Tsvangirai's popularity waning. But on Friday, he said President Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party is now dead.
"So the election is a formality," said Tsvangirai. "It is a formality of saying those who believe in past policies that have destroyed this country have no chance, have no place for the future of this country.rdquo;
Tsvangirai added that violence - which marred Zimbabwe's last election in 2008 - would not deter him from winning.
The prime minister said it was his MDC party and not Mugabe's ZANU-PF, which can help Zimbabwe through its economic problems. ...
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- President Obama To Visit Senegal South Africa Tanzania
- Guptas misused diplomatic contacts to land illegally at S.Africa military base
- Decision to prosecute Guptas lies with NPA S.African Police Justice Minister
- Obama plans tour to South Africa
- Zimbabwe Zambia US envoys cycle for tourism
- Zambia to hail Dr David Livingstone’s legacy
- Zambia enter cam for Namibia friendly
- Equatorial Guinea replace Tanzania at 2013 Cosafa Cup
- Call up cheers Nkana defender Malama
- Taylor Swift wins maximum Billboard Music Awards
- Watch Miguel jumps lands on fan at Billboard Music Awards
- PHS Choir to present concert
- Tracy Lawrence concert to aid Boys and Girls Clubs
- Photos Bruno Mars hosts post-Billboard Music Awards bash at The Bank Chris Brown Jason Derulo join party
- Smoking during pregnancy up obesity and diabetes risk in baby girls
- Frequent candy eaters not likelier to be overweight or have heart disease
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- Teen Dies of Cancer After Touching Millions With Song
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Latest U-turn by Health Minister gives nursing unit a stay of execution
- 360 Vantage acquired by IMS Health
- Imprivata eyes IPO adds Beth Israels Halamka to board
- Healthcare workers set to strike California public hospitals
- Zimbabwe Zambia US envoys cycle for tourism
- Finance Minister says an MDC-T Govt Would Push for Debt Cancellation
- Children Living With HIV in Zimbabwes Rural Communities Lack Treatment
- Zimbabwe Launches Human Resource Website To Target Skilled Diaspora Community
- Zimbabwe Activists Urge Harare to Financially Support Human Rights Commission
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Zimbabwe Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- Chiranjeevi to inaugurate incredible India exhibition at Cannes today
- Hainan Airlines to launch Beijing-Chicago route on Sept 3
- Dubai aims to become top destination for health tourism in the Middle East