SOUTH AFRICA-BASED Zimbabwean gospel singer Mkhululi Bhebhe is expected to lead in song and dance at the two-day "Call To Worship Africa" concert which opened yesterday and ends tonight at the Harare International Conference Centre. Mkhululi, who is well known for bringing the Zimbabwean music to the famed Joyous Celebration Choir, arrived in Harare on Friday to a warm welcome from ...
Government and its social partners yesterday started re-building houses for victims of the mysterious blast that rocked Zengeza suburb and razed three houses, killing four people, in Chitungwiza early this year. The houses will be built through the assistance of the Zimbabwe Red Cross Society (ZRCS), the Civil Protection Unit (CPU) and some corporates. The blast, which police attributed to a ...
RUSSIAN President Mr Vladimir Putin has congratulated President Mugabe on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the African Union. The message comes as President Mugabe is in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where he has joined other Heads of State and Governments in the commemoration of the AU anniversary. In a statement yesterday, Mr Putin described the occasion as a milestone. "The creation ...
A 22-year-old vagrant was on Wednesday arrested for raping a 12 year-old street girl in a toilet at Harare Gardens. Harare provincial police spokesperson Inspector Tedious Chibanda confirmed the incident saying the homeless man will appear in court soon facing rape charges. It is alleged that on May 21 the man approached the girl who was sitting at the Old Fantasy land building in the city ...
Seasoned filmmaker Godwin Mawuru has died. He was 51. Mawuru succumbed to sepsis syndrome at Parirenyatwa Hospital yesterday. According to his son Joe, Mawuru had been unwell for the past weeks. "He was really in pain and when he was admitted at Parirenyatwa Hospital he died at 9:30am today (yesterday)," he said. "He died of sepsis complications although he had been suffering ...
Winds: From the North at 2.2 MPH Gusting to 2.2 MPH
Legally Blonde [DVD]
The giddy, effervescent pop comedy Legally Blonde is the result of a collision between the two polar ends of the intellectual stereotype spectrum. On one side, we have the intellectually stuck-up, perpetually dull, and socially inadequate graduate student, and on the other side we have the dim-bulb, fashion-hyperconscious California valley girl. What makes the movie work is that both stere ... ...
The official visit this week by the People's Republic of China Vice Premier Wang Yang is a demonstration of the strong relations between the Government of Zimbabwe and China. VP Wang became the first high-level Chinese government official to visit Zimbabwe since President Xi Jinping took over from President Hu Jintao in March. His visit is also in keeping with China's Africa policy, ...
THERE has been a low uptake on the Youth Fund launched two years ago by Old Mutual as only US$2,7 million has been disbursed out of the US$10 million set aside to help young people in various empowerment projects. Lack of requisite skills have also been cited as it emerged that out of more than US$4 million worth of projects approved, only US$2,7 million has been disbursed from the fund being ...
The Meteorological Services Department says there is nothing unusual about recent rains that fell in most parts of the country. "It is normal to have rainfall in May but it would be unusual if there are hailstorms and thunderstorms," said Mr Tichaona Zinyemba, head of forecasting at the Met Department. Rain fell in most parts of the country over the past few days with some areas ...
Anthony Mpala, a Lower Six student from Gateway High School, has been elected Child Governor for Harare Metropolitan Province during an election held at Queen Elizabeth High School today. The election comes as a precursor to the official opening of the 21st session of the Junior Parliament slated for June 15. The event was also used to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the African Union with ...
The Zambezi River Basin Atlas of the Changing Environment, the first of its kind in the Zambezi River Basin and in southern Africa, will be launched on 29 May in Luanda, Angola at a meeting of SADC Ministers responsible for Water. The Atlas uses satellite images, high resolution photographs, illustrative text and graphics to present various socio-economic issues in the Zambezi basin, and ...
Did I hear right?
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel New York
I clambered up the stairs with my luggage whilst two bell attendants chatted away. I entered the huge lobby of ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Zimbabwe StarZimbabwe Star | Longtime News Resource for Zimbabwe
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage. The Zimbabwe Star is no exception. As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day. Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Zimbabwe news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Zimbabwe news is a priority. National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets. Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Zimbabwe news, the weather forecast for Zimbabwe you'll find it all in the Zimbabwe Star. From Harare to Bulawayo, the Zimbabwe Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
HARARE Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai on Friday declared President Robert Mugabe's party "dead.rdquo; Tsvangirai said the African country's next elections will be a "formalityrdquo; and predicted a landslide victory.
The lead vocalist is Zimbabwe's prime minister, Morgan Tsvangirai. The backing vocals are from the leadership of his Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party. The event Friday was not a musical program, but part of a three-day national policy conference in Harare. An estimated 500 party leaders and activists are in attendance.
Zimbabwe is preparing for polls to end the country's fragile coalition government.
Recent voter surveys point to Tsvangirai's popularity waning. But on Friday, he said President Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party is now dead.
"So the election is a formality," said Tsvangirai. "It is a formality of saying those who believe in past policies that have destroyed this country have no chance, have no place for the future of this country.rdquo;
Tsvangirai added that violence - which marred Zimbabwe's last election in 2008 - would not deter him from winning.
The prime minister said it was his MDC party and not Mugabe's ZANU-PF, which can help Zimbabwe through its economic problems. ...
- Retiring Kirsten says two-in-one Kallis absence to leave huge void in Proteas squad
- Police catch 2 with drugs at OR Tambo
- Man dies 2 injured in Limpopo crash
- Alleged robber killed in crash
- South Africa Govt Importing Meat Considered significant Risk
- Kabwe Warriors embarass leaders Nkana
- PF denies training militias
- Registration of Father Bwalya’s party on course
- Male midwives here to stay-Chikusu
- Stanbic Bank sees 7.3 GDP growth in 2012
- Forces loyal to Assad attacked a grain depot in northern city near Aleppo…
- Along Mt. Bulusan’s foothills A balmy ‘agricultural resort’
- Kenya Maize Disease Destroys Crops
- Do you know that there is a country up for sale Do you know that its finance agriculture and retail sectors are being put on the market Perhaps you are already aware of this due to various media reports. But then again maybe you are not be
- Superior Farms names industry veteran as CEO
- MJ was dubbed the freak by gig comeback bosses
- Mariah Carey bursts out of dress on GMA
- Album Laura Marling Once I Was an Eagle
- Album Stooshe London with the Lights On
- Album Keith Jarrett Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette Somewhere
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- 9-year-old girl tells McDonalds CEO to not trick kids into eating unhealthy food
- Kids with Type 2 diabetes at greater risk of developing heart kidney problems
- Haddin views cricket in new light despite Ashes anticipation following daughters cancer struggles
- Video Putting female infertility in the spotlight
- Israeli Doctors Save Syrian Toddler
- Weekend Reading Public-Health Crises Surfer Girls
- Health ministry sets up desk for private healthcare providers
- Doctors flooded with queries after Angelina Jolies double mastectomy
- Angelina Jolie’s case has put women in a bind Doctors
- Mkhululi to Lead in Worship
- Blast Victims Houses Rebuilding Starts
- Russia Congratulates President On AU Jubilee
- Vagrant Rapes Minor Girl
- Studio 263 Director Mawuru Dies
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Zimbabwe Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- New frontiers new risks How safe is space tourism
- Cableway to lift tourism says alliance
- Middle East instability means tourism growth for Oman
- Group discusses safety of space tourism