NFU president Adam Quinney is "very confident" the pilot badger culls will go ahead this summer as planned in west Gloucestershire and west ...
WASHINGTON, May 14, 2013 - Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack today reminded farmers and ranchers that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will conduct a four-week Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) general sign-up beginning May 20 and ending on June 14. Vilsack also announced the restart of sign-up for continuous CRP, including the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program, State Acres ...
Indiana Governor Mike Pence has pulled his support of a plan by a Pakistani company to build a fertilizer plant after the Pentagon raised concerns that its products were being used to make bombs.Pence said he withdrew state incentives for the project near the Illinois border because the Defense Department said it needs more time to evaluate whether the Lahore-based Fatima Group has created a ...
A Gloucestershire beef farmer opened his doors to councillors to show them the devastating impact bovine TB is having on his farm and argue the case for a badger cull in the ...
With the all-important flag leaf about to emerge in winter wheat crops, the focus will be on keeping it disease-free to boost yields. David Jones looks at the fungicide strategies of two wheat growers in Nottinghamshire and ...
Winds: From the SSE at 2 MPH
The Scorpion King [DVD]
One of the most important rules of the modern movie marketplace is that, to be truly successful, a movie must be able to continue life in sequels and spin-offs. Stephen Sommers' The Mummy (1999), a very loose action-adventure remake of the 1932 Boris Karloff classic, has proved to be exactly that, having spun off a sequel, 2001's The Mummy Returns, which grossed more than its predec ... ...
Record-low hay acreage, winterkill, and a delayed growing season are creating concern about how high alfalfa prices will need to climb to ration supplies and whether animal numbers will need to be reduced further.As of May 1, on-farm hay stocks of 14.16 million tons fell to levels not seen since recordkeeping began, according to USDA’s Crop Production report released late last week.Current ...
Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy New Global Contract Needed to Re-Assert Basic Rights Protect Environment
WTO Doha Collapse Requires a New Direction in Multilateralism MINNEAPOLIS - August 6 - Global institutions enforcing trade and finance rules have overridden fundamental human rights, stalled international development and harmed the environment, finds three new papers released today by the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy. A new system is badly ...
Tropical storm Nock-Ten (local name: Juaning) damaged 17.17 million pesos (about 407,664 U.S. dollars) worth of Philippine crops, according to initial report filed Thursday by the agriculture department.Nock-Ten, which triggered flash floods, destroyed 2,977 hectares of farmland planted with rice, damaging 10.83 million pesos (257,183 U.S. dollars) worth of unmilled rice.A total of 612 metric ...
View Comments Bandar Seri Begawan - Following the H7N9 outbreak that has occurred in China, Brunei's Ministry of Industry and Primary Resources said it will continue to implement monitoring work at poultry farms in the country. To date, Brunei remains free from the H7N9 infection and in an effort to keep this country free from bird flu, the Department of Agriculture and Agrifood, Ministry ...
Hussein Hajj Hasan announced Sunday a comprehensive plan to introduce a new kind of citrus tree in a bid to improve productivity. During a gathering with farmers in Tyre, Hajj Hasan acknowledged that "citrus production suffers from immense negligence in addition to numerous other problems." He added: "In the long run, we have a plan to replace the current saplings and introduce ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Zimbabwe StarZimbabwe Star | Longtime News Resource for Zimbabwe
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage. The Zimbabwe Star is no exception. As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day. Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Zimbabwe news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Zimbabwe news is a priority. National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets. Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Zimbabwe news, the weather forecast for Zimbabwe you'll find it all in the Zimbabwe Star. From Harare to Bulawayo, the Zimbabwe Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
HARARE Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai on Friday declared President Robert Mugabe's party "dead.rdquo; Tsvangirai said the African country's next elections will be a "formalityrdquo; and predicted a landslide victory.
The lead vocalist is Zimbabwe's prime minister, Morgan Tsvangirai. The backing vocals are from the leadership of his Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party. The event Friday was not a musical program, but part of a three-day national policy conference in Harare. An estimated 500 party leaders and activists are in attendance.
Zimbabwe is preparing for polls to end the country's fragile coalition government.
Recent voter surveys point to Tsvangirai's popularity waning. But on Friday, he said President Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party is now dead.
"So the election is a formality," said Tsvangirai. "It is a formality of saying those who believe in past policies that have destroyed this country have no chance, have no place for the future of this country.rdquo;
Tsvangirai added that violence - which marred Zimbabwe's last election in 2008 - would not deter him from winning.
The prime minister said it was his MDC party and not Mugabe's ZANU-PF, which can help Zimbabwe through its economic problems. ...
- Guptas misused diplomatic contacts to land illegally at S.Africa military base
- Decision to prosecute Guptas lies with NPA S.African Police Justice Minister
- South African president not involved in Gupta jet scandal Minister
- Public service needs retraining - Sisulu
- Karabus feels like a stranger at home
- Zambia Protesting Students Released
- Multi-choice Zambia loses two senior managers in Fatal Accident in Chibombo
- Rea to Light Up Mpanta
- Sister Killer to Hang
- Essa Wins Puma Rally
- Bhubaneshwar hosts rock concert to preserve heritage art
- Example honeymoons after wedding
- Music review The Great Escape Various venues Brighton
- Prince Kobalt Pen Partnership Pact
- Our Emotions Match Music To Colors
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Commonly used catheters double blood clot risk in ICU and cancer patients
- Cancer survivor Kleybanova makes victorious comeback
- Examining pancreatic juices may help identify pancreatic cancer
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Allegheny General picked for cardio study
- Cleveland facing possible labor shortage study says
- Planned Parenthood American Journal of Public Health Study Shows Public Clinics Provide More Choices More Care
- Physicians for a National Health Program Millions of Chronically Ill Lacking Insurance Cant Get Needed Care
- Zimbabwe mines reject state control
- Italian Embassy in Drive to Boost Business Ties
- Equities Hit All-Time High
- Zimbabwe Tsvangirai Vows to Undo Indigenisation
- Zimbabweans missing after Egypt party
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Zimbabwe Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi to inaugurate incredible India exhibition at Cannes today
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Digital Traveler Gwyneth Paltrow as tour guide
- EarthCheck Members Featured On Discovery Network - Green and Sustainable Tourism