Harare, Zimbabwe - A woman dressed in a fake Burberry trench-coat struts along a pitch-dark stretch of this southern African city's red-light district. Sporting knee-high boots and red lipstick, Sharon opens her coat into the headlights of an oncoming car to expose body-hugging leopard-print lingerie, prompting the vehicle to screech to a halt. "Hi sweetie," she says to the ...
Zimbabwe could save up to US$3 billion in treatment of HIV and Aids and downstream costs if the country can scale up its Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), a health official has said. Ministry of Health and Child Welfare, HIV and Aids and TB Specialist, Owen Mugurungi, said if the VMMC was to make an impact in the country, there was need for a rapid scaling up of the programme among ...
PROMOTERS of the male circumcision programme need to go back to the drawing board after only 8% of the targeted people responded positively to their campaign. The government set an ambitious target to circumcise three million men by the end of 2015, in its bid to reduce HIV infections in the country. But to date, only 8% of the target population has been reached, less than two years before the ...
ANNOUNCING the "shock" departure of then group chief executive officer Nyasha Makuvise last year, CBZ Holdings board chairman Luxon Zembe told analysts that while the group regretted his resignation, leadership was like a relay where one had to pass on the baton. "He [Makuvise] has worked well, we are proud and in fact, regret that a very good runner [is leaving] but in a relay, ...
The much publicised Harare derby between CAPS United and Dynamos failed to provide the sparkle as a penalty by Devon Chafa made the difference for the defending Castle Lager Premiership champions at the National Sports Stadium this afternoon. Chafa beat Tafadzwa Dube in the 26 minute after Ronald Pfumbidzai was adjudged to have hacked down Clive Kawinga in the box. The penalty made all the ...
12°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 5 MPH
The Scorpion King [DVD]
One of the most important rules of the modern movie marketplace is that, to be truly successful, a movie must be able to continue life in sequels and spin-offs. Stephen Sommers' The Mummy (1999), a very loose action-adventure remake of the 1932 Boris Karloff classic, has proved to be exactly that, having spun off a sequel, 2001's The Mummy Returns, which grossed more than its predec ... ...
Brighton Dama Zanthe had been sick for some time before his 'death' last Monday, but the 34-year-old doesn't remember anything before waking up in the hospital after his funeral, newzimbabwe ...
Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd. (IMP) , rejected a proposal for the state to control mineral production and prices, a draft response from the industry organization obtained ...
Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai wrapped up his party's post-election plan meeting Sunday vowing to overturn President Robert Mugabe's controversial indigenisation drive if he wins upcoming general elections. He wound up the meeting with a rally attended by thousands of supporters of his Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) at a sports ground in Harare's working ...
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai said Sunday his party will end years of bias and abuse by the police, military and intelligence services and will make sure the services uphold the country's new constitution which demands impartiality in their duties. Tsvangirai said if his party comes to power it will manage the police and military so that Zimbabweans ...
Harare comes to a standstill this afternoon, when sworn enemies CAPS United and Dynamos cross swords in the 70th edition of their league derby at the National Sports Stadium. The match kicks off at 2pm to allow live coverage on Supersport 9. Dynamos are unbeaten in seven straight derby duels since Makepekepe's last triumph on April 12 2009, when a Nyasha Mushekwi second half brace sank ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Zimbabwe StarZimbabwe Star | Longtime News Resource for Zimbabwe
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage. The Zimbabwe Star is no exception. As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day. Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Zimbabwe news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Zimbabwe news is a priority. National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets. Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Zimbabwe news, the weather forecast for Zimbabwe you'll find it all in the Zimbabwe Star. From Harare to Bulawayo, the Zimbabwe Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
HARARE Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai on Friday declared President Robert Mugabe's party "dead.rdquo; Tsvangirai said the African country's next elections will be a "formalityrdquo; and predicted a landslide victory.
The lead vocalist is Zimbabwe's prime minister, Morgan Tsvangirai. The backing vocals are from the leadership of his Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party. The event Friday was not a musical program, but part of a three-day national policy conference in Harare. An estimated 500 party leaders and activists are in attendance.
Zimbabwe is preparing for polls to end the country's fragile coalition government.
Recent voter surveys point to Tsvangirai's popularity waning. But on Friday, he said President Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party is now dead.
"So the election is a formality," said Tsvangirai. "It is a formality of saying those who believe in past policies that have destroyed this country have no chance, have no place for the future of this country.rdquo;
Tsvangirai added that violence - which marred Zimbabwe's last election in 2008 - would not deter him from winning.
The prime minister said it was his MDC party and not Mugabe's ZANU-PF, which can help Zimbabwe through its economic problems. ...
- Guptas misused diplomatic contacts to land illegally at S.Africa military base
- Decision to prosecute Guptas lies with NPA S.African Police Justice Minister
- South African president not involved in Gupta jet scandal Minister
- 1 dead 2 injured in Durban accident
- Body found in Western Cape lagoon
- Poverty in the midst of plenty
- Man sentenced to death by hanging for killing his sister
- Zambia Suspected State Agents Break Into Bufi Singer Pilatos House
- Preparations for the sitting of the Judge Chikopa tribunal progressing well-Malila
- President Michael Sata calls on Zambians to work hard and sacrifice in order to develop the country
- Brunei Free From H7N9 Bird Flu Says Department Of Agriculture And Agrifood
- Agriculture minister to introduce new citrus tree
- Immigration bill amendment targets drug farms on public lands
- Agricultural Charity Gives Aid to Israels Poor
- FARMER FOCUS Good breeding not about aesthetics
- Bhubaneshwar hosts rock concert to preserve heritage art
- Apple of my Eye star turns to first love music
- Live Nation Lushington Form Touring Joint Venture For Singapore Hong Kong
- Billboard awards - The full list of winners
- Local music shop sells vinyl keeps Rhythm alive
- Commonly used catheters double blood clot risk in ICU and cancer patients
- Cancer survivor Kleybanova makes victorious comeback
- Examining pancreatic juices may help identify pancreatic cancer
- Badminton becomes a victim of Chinas bird flu outbreak
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Planned Parenthood American Journal of Public Health Study Shows Public Clinics Provide More Choices More Care
- Physicians for a National Health Program Millions of Chronically Ill Lacking Insurance Cant Get Needed Care
- Physicians for Human Rights Human Rights Groups Petition Iran for Release of HIVAIDS Doctors
- Guns a public health issue
- Zimbabwe cracks down on the oldest profession
- Male Circumcision Could Save Zimbabwe U.S. $3 Billion
- Zimbabwe Resistance Hinders Circumcision Programme
- Zimbabwe Zimbabwes Chief Executives Fail to Pass On the Baton
- Latest - Dynamos Wins Derby
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Zimbabwe Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi to inaugurate incredible India exhibition at Cannes today
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Culture Ministry launches village tourism project
- Union of Concerned Scientists Northwest Airlines Asks Clear Channel to Pull Science Groups Anti-Nuclear-Weapons Ad in Minneapolis Airport