22 May 2013 150 Experts from the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) are heading to Japan to launch an emergency preparedness and response centre in Fukushima, the coastal city devastated two years ago when a massive earthquake and tsunami set off meltdowns at a nuclear power plant. The IAEA, supported by the Government of Japan, will designate a new Response and ...
inflation eased significantly from 14 per cent in 2011 to 9.4 per cent in 2012 with the country's reliance on rain-fed agriculture paying out. The drop ...
DISCUSSION...RAPID STORM DEVELOPMENT IS NOW UNDERWAY...ACROSS THE MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHWEST TEXAS INTO SOUTHEAST NEW MEXICO. IN THE PRESENCE OF THERMODYNAMIC PROFILES CHARACTERIZED BY VERY STEEP MID-LEVEL LAPSE RATES AND LARGE CAPE...VERTICAL SHEAR MAY BE MARGINALLY SUFFICIENT FOR AT LEAST SHORT-LIVED UPDRAFT ROTATION IN STRONGEST STORMS. LIGHT WESTERLY DEEP LAYER MEAN FLOW MAY AID ...
CNBC's Sharon Epperson discusses the day's activity in the commodities markets. The hurricane forecast is for 7 to 11 hurricanes this season, which could be bullish for the energy markets. Nat gas was up on the day because storage levels rose less than ...
Giro d'Italia organisers have made plans to start the race's 19th stage on an alternative route as wintry weather conditions continue to play havoc with the ...
14°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ENE at 7 MPH
After the vague disappointment of Susan Stroman's film version of The Producers (2005) and the overstuffed, Oscar-baiting self-importance of Bill Condon's film version of the diva drama Dreamgirls (2006), it seemed that the neo-musical's moment in the Hollywood spotlight was wa ... ...
Whether the plan is to sunbathe on a boat deck or lounge by the pool all weekend, Central Florida's weather forecast will provide a fantastic setting for rest and relaxation. A high pressure system will bring warmer conditions and fewer rain chances throughout the holiday weekend to the region, according to ...
Americans were warned on Thursday to brace for an extremely active hurricane season - less than a year after the devastation of Sandy, which hit the east coast in October 2012 - with 13 to 20 named storms, including seven to ...
MOUNTAIN VIEW (CBS SF) – Gov. Jerry Brown Thusday urged scientists to dedicate themselves to convincing a distracted public and news media about the dangers of climate change and other potential disruptions to human life. Brown, speaking to about 100 people at the Water, Energy and Smart Technology Summit at the NASA Ames Research Park at Moffett Field, said, "We are really in a war ...
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration hurricane season forecast is projecting an active hurricane season. NOAA projected a 70 percent likelihood of 13 to 20 named storms in 2013, of which anywhere from seven to 11 could become hurricanes, and anywhere from three to six of those hurricanes could be major (Category 3, 4 or 5). "These projections show we can expect another active ...
After storms like Sandy inundated coastal areas last year, forecasters have developed an experimental model to show potential areas of impact in a deadly "storm ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Jurys Inn Christchurch
Driving around Dublin I came across an imposing building with the masthead, Jurys Inn Christchurch. I was looking to do ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Zimbabwe StarZimbabwe Star | Longtime News Resource for Zimbabwe
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage. The Zimbabwe Star is no exception. As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day. Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Zimbabwe news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Zimbabwe news is a priority. National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets. Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Zimbabwe news, the weather forecast for Zimbabwe you'll find it all in the Zimbabwe Star. From Harare to Bulawayo, the Zimbabwe Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
HARARE Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai on Friday declared President Robert Mugabe's party "dead.rdquo; Tsvangirai said the African country's next elections will be a "formalityrdquo; and predicted a landslide victory.
The lead vocalist is Zimbabwe's prime minister, Morgan Tsvangirai. The backing vocals are from the leadership of his Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party. The event Friday was not a musical program, but part of a three-day national policy conference in Harare. An estimated 500 party leaders and activists are in attendance.
Zimbabwe is preparing for polls to end the country's fragile coalition government.
Recent voter surveys point to Tsvangirai's popularity waning. But on Friday, he said President Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF party is now dead.
"So the election is a formality," said Tsvangirai. "It is a formality of saying those who believe in past policies that have destroyed this country have no chance, have no place for the future of this country.rdquo;
Tsvangirai added that violence - which marred Zimbabwe's last election in 2008 - would not deter him from winning.
The prime minister said it was his MDC party and not Mugabe's ZANU-PF, which can help Zimbabwe through its economic problems. ...
- Retiring Kirsten hopes to go out with a bang with Proteas Champions Trophy win
- Proteas back Steyn to be better than more skillful Anderson
- South African MP says Prez Zuma root cause of Guptagate
- South African Miners Demand Salary Increases
- Avoid repeat of Waterkloof incident - SACP
- TAZARA unionized workers in sit in protest after delay in April salaries
- Sata arrives in Addis Ababa
- Womens organisation condemn GBM for saying beating a wife is a sign of love
- Five candidates file in for Feira
- AFRICA INVESTMENT-Zambia risks breadbasket dream with subsidy cuts
- Australia India strengthen agriculture skills ties
- Business Agriculture pulls a first to register highest growth
- Business Agriculture Secretary outlines plan to raise Kenyas share of meat market
- Wheat gains on overseas demand
- Cotton Leads Drop as Chicago Wheat Rallies Commodities at Close
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei rages against state abuses in Dumbass song
- West urges Smith to get back to studio
- Sacramentos Skips Music to mark 40th anniversary with all-star concert
- Connecticut Music Arts School For Economically Disadvantaged Kids Is The Latest Music Empowers Foundation Beneficiary
- Nick Carter to write tell-all book
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- Soaring temperatures can affect quality of pills Doctors
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- Liberace role meant so much after cancer battle says Michael Douglas
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Soaring temperatures can affect quality of pills Doctors
- Western Health Advantage picked for Covered California coverage
- Vidacare Corp. eyes expansion and acquisition opportunities
- CA debuts health care exchange plans $54-$383 Valley premiums
- Sutter Health withdrew bid from Covered California
- Zimbabwe Spy Chief Convicted of Electoral Violence Pardoned by Mugabe Dies
- Zimbabwe Lawyers Say Harare Police Station Not for HIV Positive Inmates
- $10 Million Zimbabwe Youth Empowerment Fund Loses Steam
- Zimbabwe The sweet business of Harares airport road
- Bio-Diesel Project in Limbo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Zimbabwe Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- Kenya County chief vows to grow tourism sector
- Business Kenya rises to second spot as conference tourism leader
- Luxury Cruises An Insiders Guide To Crystal Symphonys Cabin Prices